IJ.com’s Hack the Debate is an opportunity for developers, coders, designers and project managers to create technological tools and form innovative app solutions geared toward encouraging millennial participation in America’s presidential debate process. IJ will partner with ABC News to host the New Hampshire Republican Primary debate on February 6, 2016. Let's Hack the Debate!"
Hosted by Georgetown’s Institute of Politics and Public Service, IJ.com’s Hack the Debate encourages the integration of tech innovation into politics and will feature some of America's most prominent digital innovators, political minds and impactful journalists to lend their expertise throughout the hackathon.
Saturday, November 7
- 1:00 PM On- Site Registration Begins at Georgetown’s Healey Family Student Center
- 2:00 PM Welcome remarks by Alex Skatell, IJ Founder & President and Mo Elleithee, Executive Director, Georgetown Institute of Politics and Public Service
- 2:30 PM Form Teams and Start Hacking
- 6:30 PM Retreat to IJ Headquarters
- 7:30 PM Dine and Debate at IJ Headquarters with Guest Speaker, TBA
- 8:45 PM Depart for Georgetown
- 9:00 PM Continue Hacking
Sunday, November 8
- 8:00 AM Breakfast and Tech Talks, TBA
- 12:00 PM Lunch and Tech Talks, TBA
- 4:00 PM Project Submission Deadline
- 5:00 PM Pitches Begin
- 6:00 PM Awards and Closing
Will be Announced
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
College students, graduate students and working professionals
A group’s project can be structured in a formed technological tool or innovative ideas.
How to enter
Registration is Free on Eventbrite-Hack the Debate. All ages and levels are welcome!
Directness: Is the challenge you’re solving or question you’re answering clearly defined by your work or product? How is your work directly related to HACK THE DEBATE?
Feasibility: Is the implementation of your work financially, technically, and logistically feasible in the near term?
Receptiveness: How likely is your intended audience to use the product? Is it user-friendly? Is it accessible?
Originality: Is your work or solution completely original to its audience?